8 Week Group Programme
No matter your role in life, there is none bigger or more important than being the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of your own health. Whether you believe it or not, you have as much control over your own health and happiness as a CEO has over the success of their company — and often much more.
I work with men and women 40+ who are noticing changes, the body misbehaving and not working like it used to. Where before you never dreamt of dieting you just stayed the same weight, now you’re trying really hard, but the scales are still heading in the wrong direction.
Did you know that a survey by Kings College found that more than 50% of the people they spoke to increased their weight during the 1st lockdown? Well, we are now back in our 3rd lockdown and this one follows on from Christmas which always seems to add to our waistlines.
You may feel that lockdown takes all control away – it doesn’t. It is a sometimes an uncomfortable truth that you are responsible for everything that you do (or don’t do) in the area of your health and happiness. If you don’t like something and want to change it, you can. Often people don’t take the same kind of approach to managing their personal lives as they do in their professional lives – even if they are, in fact, a CEO of a business. They allow the actions of others or even outside events to influence their health, their life and their happiness. This is the exact opposite of empowering – so let’s change that! You can take back control of your own health and wellbeing which will not only lift you physically, but emotionally and mentally too.
Once you know what you really want for your health and for your life in general, you can plan to make the necessary changes. For example, some clients I work with on my Lose Weight & Thrive programme join because they aren’t happy with their weight and want to feel lighter and look better in their clothes. Other clients work with me because they have chronic medical conditions such as prediabetes, Type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure and wish to avoid taking medication, reduce or come off their medication.
COVID-19 has been another strong reason a number of clients have wanted to lose weight. What we are learning sadly from the pandemic is that there is a strong corelation between an individual’s overall health and the virus outcome. We know that patients with underlying health conditions are six times more likely to be hospitalized than patients without underlying health conditions (US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention May 2020). Two of the main underlying health conditions are diabetes and heart disease, and it is possible to do something about both of them. We know that the food we eat and how much exercise we do play a major role in both of these diseases.
What’s included in:-
- There will be a private, closed Facebook group where tips will be posted.
- Each week we will cover a different theme to help you lose weight and to understand why each step is important.
- You will learn to create habits that last – including moving your body in a way you love and doing things just for the joy of doing them (aka your self-care).
- You will be supported not only by me, a Registered Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach, but by others within the group who are like minded and wish to lose weight too.
- A weekly video session where you can ask questions.
- A video each week on a different topic or a health coaching tool that you can do at your own leisure.
- A couple of lovely Ebooks full of tasty recipes.
- An individual 45-minute session with me to be arranged in the 1st week, plus other additional support.
Start Date Monday 8th February 2021
Limited places in each group
Three Group Session Times 9.30-10.15 a.m. 2.00-2.45 p.m. or 7.00-7.45 p.m.
Dates 8th, 15th & 22nd February
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th March