About Me

My name is Karen Swindall BSc (Hons), PGDip, MSc and I’m a Registered Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach. I am a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). I also have a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Health, and qualifications in Nutritional Counselling and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).

I offer an expert and caring Nutritional Therapy service presently online through Zoom, WhatsApp or Skype. I specialise in supporting you become the best version of yourself. I’ll show you how to take important yet manageable steps to get back control of your health and waistline, leaving you with more energy than you thought possible and a much more relaxed state of mind.

My Health Journey

Within my family there are a number of health issues such as strokes, prediabetes, Type 2 diabetes, depression and high blood pressure. I have witnessed what these illnesses can do to a person if they don’t make the necessary nutritional and lifestyle changes to improve their overall health.

Whilst I was in the process of completing my MSc in Nutritional Therapy, I had my own health crisis, I was in my late 40’s perimenopausal and suffering with extreme symptoms of not sleeping or being completely wiped out, feeling overwhelmed, anxious, heart palpitations, brain fog and hair loss. It took nearly two years of visits to the doctor before I was tested and diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) and an autoimmune disorder called Graves’s disease. The medication helped and many of the symptoms disappeared, but I ballooned up three dress sizes and I couldn’t lose weight and that also affected my mental wellbeing. I was told I would need to take the medication for life.

Taking Back Control

What I realized from my Nutritional Therapy course was that I had to take back control of my own health and focus totally on my wellbeing emotionally, physically and mentally; I knew what good nutritious food could do as it has the power to heal and transform the body on a cellular level. So I learnt to listen to my body and eat what was right for it. I also knew food alone wasn’t going to work unless I dealt with my stress levels in a positive way, which I did. I saw dramatic improvements in my physical and emotional wellbeing, I was able to come off my medication and get my weight back to where it should be. It’s now about managing my health and controlling it to the best of my ability.

Who I Support

I specialise in supporting both men and women to lose weight because I know how it affects you, not only physically but mentally, and I have been there and understand the daily difficulties and challenges involved in losing weight. Now in my late 50’s, I also help women going through perimenopause and menopause so their journey is less stressful and more symptom free.

My Role

As a Nutritional Therapist I believe that my role is to give my clients the information, motivation and confidence to make changes to their diet. I do this by helping them to understand how nutrition works in supporting the underlying processes in the body which may be contributing to their health issues and by coaching them to make the necessary changes that are required to improve their overall wellbeing now, and for their future health.

What I Believe

I am be no means a saint I believe in the 80-20 rule, meaning 80% of the time you do your best by listening to your body,  eating healthy food, getting enough sleep and exercise. The other 20% of the time you allow yourself that odd bar of dark chocolate, the weekly Saturday or Sunday dessert with a glass of wine or two . It’s all about balance.